Constant Change: Public Health
Healthy Change: A Fresh Food Pop Up & Drive Thru
A food justice project that was born in a Center for Neighborhoods’ Neighborhood Institute course! Originally the event was scheduled to take place Saturday April 11, 2020 during National Public Health Week ..but, COVID-19. The event will include access to free fruits, vegetables, fresh-squeezed juice and holistic products. We are partnering with Ag in the City and Health Daddy WOW as our Black Owned produce and holistic distributors! Our reschedule date for Healthy Change is Saturday June 13, 2020 from 11 AM to 4 PM at 2803 South Floyd Street in Louisville, KY 40209.
We are still seeking sponsors for this event in the form of health food, fresh squeezed juice and monetary donations.
It’s Friday, Period.
We launched our period product distribution last week and we were able to donate 1,000 Aunt Flow pads sponsored by Period, Inc. to Jilly Pads, Black Lives Matter Louisville, and Uniting Partners for Women and Children. It’s Friday, Period. is now an ongoing CTCT outreach supporting all menstruators in need! Be on the lookout for the red bag, it bears goodies!
- Dan Cummins – Clothes
- Ms. Jewel – Clothes
- Norwex byway of Sally Thompson – Umoja Food
- Naomi Davis – Umoja Food
- Alvyn Kirby from Fed with Faith – Deep Freezer
- Field Day Family Farm – Dried Beans
- Tabby Nuckols – Rice, Beans, Candy
- Andreana Bridges – Clothes
- Boutique Fashion Group – Masks
- Shauntrice Martin – Masks
- Eta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Amazon Wishlist